You will need to meet the entry test requirements to take admission in any one of Best Medical Universities in UK To Become A Top Doctor. However, medical study is not just about getting a job but a lifelong choice that should habitually turns into life style as you go mature in your studies. On the grounds, doctors have special image built universally. Because of this image, people do believe on them and based on it they treat patients mentally and physically. Along with this treatment, they also share the progress of the patient with his family members.
With the growing population specially in the 3rd world countries, medical study can be a good and attractive decision. Especially if you are looking for an experience and some specialization in abroad, then United Kingdom is the best options. Along with dedication to your profession, the level of experience and exposure matters in any medical field.
In United Kingdom, educational institutes are famous due to their pleasant atmosphere, good research output and facilities. You will find universities offering both Pre clinical and medical studies.
Best Medical Universities in UK
Admission in Medicine Degrees
You can get admission in different types of medicine degrees in United Kingdom:
- Two year certificate in pre clinical training.
- Three year certificate at a specialized school or teaching hospital.
- Six year degrees if you select another study discipline in between the two.
It is a bit difficult to get admission in these Medical institutes/universities. You will need to meet the entry test requirements, go through an interview and take additional tests.
According to the survey of Get Me Into Medical School, there are 21000 applicants who apply for admission at 8000 seats in medical schools and universities throughout the UK and their success ratio is 40 percent. No doubt, becoming a doctor is not easy in the UK but always seek a good educational institute for study.
Here is list of top universities offering medical degrees in UK.
University of Oxford
Oxford University is well known and famous institute of UK. It is oldest and historical educational institute in the World. This University is placed on the 1st rank in the list of World University Rankings.
The institute is offering more than 350 graduate degree programs. It has more than 1800 academic staff while 5500 research support staff. You can also get Oxford University Scholarships for different programs including medicine.
The University is offering different MSC, Post graduate diploma and Post graduate Certificate in Medicine & Health.
- Clinical Embryology
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical and Therapeutic Neurosciences
- Evidence Based Health Care
- Evidence Based Health (Medical Statistics)
- Evidence Based Health Care (Systematic Reviews)
- Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- Medical Anthropology
- History of Science and Technology
- Precision Cancer Medicine
- Surgical Science and Practice
Post Graduate Diploma
- Sleep Medicine
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Health Research
Post Graduate Certificate
- Enhanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Health Research, Patient Safety
Admission Requirements for Medical in Oxford University
- Level of Attainment in Science and Mathematics. There are no formal GSCE requirements for Medicine.
- Graduate students with degrees may apply for the standard course
- All candidates must also take the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) as part of their applications.
All candidates will submit their applications from 1st Oct, 2021 via UCAS for admission in Medical. In 2nd phase, all students can apply with late fee by 15th Jan, 2022.
Cambridge University is placed on 6th rank in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. It was established in 1209, almost 812 years ago. Cambridge University is second oldest university in the English speaking world and world’s fourth oldest surviving university.
The department of Medicine is largest department of University with good research output, teaching and patient care. The department has 26 professors and 450 research staff.
The Department currently holds research grants totaling in excess of £145m with an annual turnover of over £25m. This represents a large and active research programme.
The Cambridge University is offering both MPhil and post graduate diplomas.
M PHIL Specializations in Medical Sciences
- Biological Sciences (pharmacology)
- Genomic Medicine
- Health Medicine and Society
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Translational Biomedical Research
- Veterinary Science
Post Graduate Diplomas
- Genomic Medicine
- For registration in Medicine department in Cambridge University, all applicants must have A Level Chemistry and one of Biology/Human Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
- At least an upper second class honors degree in any discipline.
- The GSCE and AS/A Level subject requirements also apply to the IB.
All students will submit their application forms via UCAS by 15th OCT, 2021.
University of Manchester
In Manchester University, a famous and largest school of medical courses exists. Almost more than 2200 students are being enrolled in this department each year. There are a lot of opportunities for research and excellent learning resources. To understand technology in better way, all students are given a tablet computer in year 3.
If you get a luck to study medicine for five years in Manchester it will be a great time for your educational journey. This medical program aims to educate, train and prepare students for a health care system that is important with regards to current and future developments.
Manchester University is offering undergraduate, Master and PhD program in different specializations of Biology, Medical and Health
- Nursing, midwifery and social work
- Speech and language therapy
- Optometry and ophthalmology
- All candidates will submit their applications by 15th Oct, 2021 via UCAS.
- A – LEVEL
- A – LEVEL offer is AAA including:
- One of the following subjects from Chemistry, Biology/Human Biology, Physics, Psychology, Mathematics or Further Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology/Human Biology
- A – LEVEL offer is AAA including:
- You may have also considered if you have already A-Level so there will be no need of GCSE grades.
If you are applying for Medical or Dentistry, the deadline of application is 15th Oct, 2021 in the year before you would like to begin studies.
UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL
The University of Bristol has famous and well established medical college providing comfortable and good facilities to its students. Along with all these facilities, Bristol University has top faculty to provide quality teaching to prepare you for a best career in medicine.
In addition to studies, there is an additional year of research leading to the award of an intercalated BSC or BA.
You can also find job abroad in the final year of study. The University of Bristol is offering undergraduate, post graduate and many short courses in different specializations.
Schools & Departments
- Bristol Dental School
- Bristol Medical School
- Population Health Science
- Translational Health Sciences
- Bristol Veterinary School
- School of Anatomy
- Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals
- For admission in Bristol Medical College, all candidates must have AAA in following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
- Graduates must need to obtain 2:1 in their degree plus ABB at A-LEVEL including A in Chemistry and B in either Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
- You can apply for admission in Bristol University through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
- Apply for medicine, dentistry and veterinary courses through UCAS by 15 October.
University College London
The UCL started offers of medical courses in year 1834. The 6 alumni won noble prizes in different fields including auto immune disease, adrenaline and the immune system.
Same like other 6 years undergraduate courses, UCL is also offering medical degree in undergraduate. All students learn the principles of clinical sciences in the first two years of BSC Medical.
While they learn clinical skills in the third and fourth years of the degree, the final two years are spent preparing for practice and specializing.
All candidates must take the Bio medical Admission (BMAT). BMAT will be used to assess scientific aptitude and will focus on scientific abilities relevant to the study application to help us select candidates for interview.
All applicants can apply for medicine courses by Oct 15th, 2021.
King’s College London
King College London is very famous and good known college of London. Medical School of King’s College London is named as GKT school of Medical Education. The institute has three campuses: Guys Hospital (Southwark), King’s College Hospital (Denmark Hill) and St Thomas’ Hospital (Lambeth). The GKT School of Medical Education have two teaching hospitals: University Hospital Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
There are two campuses of College Guy’s and Denmark Hill. These campuses have faculty of life sciences and medicine, Dental Institute Faculty, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences and the institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neurosciences.
Kings College is offering five years MBBS medicine, one graduate program and a sport and exercise medical sciences BSC. All the courses focus on practical learning.
If an optional intercalated degree is chosen students can extend their five years to six. GKT Students can also choose to study abroad, extending their global knowledge of medicine.
- Required A – level: AAA
- Duration: Five years (six if an optional intercalated degree is undertaken)
- Starting date: September 2021
- Application Deadline: Oct 15th, 2021.
New Castle University
New Castle Medical School is largest and oldest school of University. It was established in 1834 in the city of New Castle upon Tyne. This medical school is placed in the top ranking of medical schools in UK because of its great research work. It is ranked in the top 10 UK medical schools by the Complete University Guide (8th), The Guardian (6th).
Medicine at Newcastle is consistently one of the most highly ranked medical program in the UK. The medical school is offering Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS.
How to Apply
All candidates will apply through UCAS. The medical school will not accept direct applications to its medicine programs. Applicants may apply for up to four medical programs. The dates for applying to medicine differ from the majority of undergraduate programs.
UCAS opens the applications to medicine in September and you must submit your applications by 15th October. The UCAS code for Newcastle University is N21.